Passport Application and Renewal Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING
If the Office of Study Abroad grants you approval to submit an application to one of our host institutions abroad, those host institutions will require valid passport information during their application process (which can take place as early as February 2023). Therefore, the Office of Study Abroad requires that you upload a scan of your signed, valid passport to your Holy Cross Study Abroad application by 3 February 2023. If you currently have a passport, it should be valid through December of your senior year.
If you don’t currently have a valid US passport, don’t worry – you are still able to submit a Holy Cross study abroad application this semester. However, please read the following instructions and take action ASAP!
Please refer to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html/ for all passport-related information, including instructions for applying for your first passport, or renewing your current passport.
NEW PASSPORT APPLICATIONS: Visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/apply-in-person.html
If you are in need of acquiring a new passport, print out Form DS11 on the U.S. Dept. of State website: https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds11/pdf
- You will need to complete the form and schedule an appointment through the USPS (United States Postal Service) online scheduler: https://tools.usps.com/rcas.htm
- When you are filling out the online schedule form, under Step 1, choose New Passport with Photo Services then enter 1 for number of Adults
- Search by Location and enter zip code 01610 (HC campus zip code), select a radius of 10 miles and click on the SEARCH button
- The five nearest locations with photo services will appear. Click on the Select Location button
- Fill out the form, choosing the date and time you’d like your appointment within the hours shown for that location and complete the rest of the form. Click on the Review the Appointment button
- Be sure to bring the following to your appointment:
- Completed and signed DS11 form
- A photo ID
- Passport fee. See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-to=apply/fees.html
If you need to renew your passport, you will need to do so by mail.
PASSPORT PROCESSING TIMES:
Routine: 8 to 11 weeks*
Expedited: Costs an extra $60. Takes 5 to 7 weeks*
*Processing times begin the day your application is received at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply.
Agency or Center: Must have international travel in the next 14 calendar days.
Use Self-Service Tools Online: You can get your questions answered immediately by using one of the self-service tools available on the site. Check online for your passport status. Customer service representatives will not give status updates over the phone.
Planning to Travel? Apply Early! Apply at least six months before planned travel.